A buncha bloggers...

Like I said, men will be men. I mean see me, a true Nigerian Drama Queen, call me Just Toluwa sitting on my own minding my own business when this black James bond walks up to me with interesting lyrics. Calling me Afrobabe, Aphrodite, Chili Pepa, like that was meant to forgive him his crime. I showed him my ring and dashed him my left shoulder. I totally expected he’d get the message but he just stood there smiling, calling me Vixen and telling me how he’d like to get me a better, more expensive ring, even doubting the authenticity of the ring itself.

Ahhh as a true city girl, I let him have it explaining to him that my hubby, Baroque, was on his way, but he went on saying he did not care and he always got what he wanted and wouldn’t mind brushing up someone if it came to that. Did not believe what he said and asked him if I was worth all that? I mean he just met me, we were at Buttercup and Chari’s 2nd wedding anniversary, and I felt he was jumping the gun.

But every woman has two sides to her, the classy and not so classy. Thing is, confidence and maybe a little arrogance attracts me, so you can imagine how the badderchic in me wanted to jump this man. Hmm, this situation would have to go into my secret diary, because this was an experience I did not want to forget.
I think he could tell that a part of me wanted him, because my naughty eyes were telling on me real bad. Then walks in Baroque with his buddy, Fine Boy Agbero; another guy I would have snatched up if I had not met Baroque first. Gosh, why so many of these fine men around. So my thought and moi went into conversation.

If Vera had not snapped me out of my rethots, I would have been drooling without realizing it. By now I knew I was in trouble, cos this guy didn’t just have audacity, he had lyrics. It is at times like this that I thank God for the technology. I just whipped out my blackberry, buzzed my girl Funms and asked for moral support and advice. If there was anyone who had good advice about men issues, it was her. I would have called on Tigeress but she had been MIA for some time. After updating Funms on things so far, I begged her for line of defense. She advised I just change table that this would hint Naija007 that i definitely was not interested, but for the love of me, i ignored her advice because i was interested. I did move my seat a little bit, but he slyly moved closer almost nibbling on my ears. I quickly logged on to confessions of a London gal to see what she would have done in this situation.

Naija007 wouldn’t give up. He was so strong headed, and he had Nolimit in showing to the crowd what he supposedly felt and I wondered why. I said I was not interested; at least that was what my lips said.

Finally he smiled at me, took my hand and removed the ring. It was like he knew my very soul. The ring was not mine, it belonged to Bumight who I was meant to meet there. Bumight was an undercover sister who could not wear her ring when she was working. She was a Medical Investigator and I happened to be around her when she got a call. I was just trying it on to keep it safe.

There was no man in my life, my last relationship had been a while back and had ended pretty badly. I only imagine Baroque and FBA in my life. They were not truly mine. Temite and Bumight beat me to it. Naija007 had said every word I had every wanted to hear. His every action was like he had read my soul. He turned his blackberry on so I could see, he was reading my blog!!!!

I smiled. It stung. It was the smile of a scorpio.


Guys dont forget to nominate your favorite blogger. Again, we would eventually pick just five from the most nominated blogs and voting will commence. Always check back for more updates.

I could not use a lot of blog names in this story, so i apologise. The story might not make sense, but this was for fun...

.....Toluwa

58 award speak:

bob-ij February 24, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

I liked it all the same...It reminds of high school when we used song names!..Don't worry you tried!
x!

bob-ij February 24, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Wait! was I first?? yayyyy!! (Doing my happy dance!) This is my first ever first...lol...if that makes sense...
singing happily..FIRST FIRST and SECOND SECOND!

O'Dee February 24, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

"007 come and see what you have done."

Enjoyed reading this. it wasnt just a combi of names, it told a story.

You 4got to hyperlink undercover sister.

poeticallytinted February 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

where my name at?" where my name at? Cool story. lol.

Enkay February 25, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Interesting story.

After the 'blogville Idol' awards - which I sadly missed btw, I have wondered what else could possibly come up. And now this!

I'm rubbing my hands in glee! I think I'm going to have fun with this one!

Hint: I'm going to pretend I didn't see that my name wasn't on that list! wink!

Rita February 25, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

Well done, you guys mean business this time around...

Tolulope Popoola February 25, 2009 at 4:16 AM  

Good stuff. That was quite creative :)

Buttercup February 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM  

lol! toluwa r u in my head or what???? my next post was going to be somn like this! damn u!

enjoyed it tho..

Unknown February 25, 2009 at 4:38 AM  

Tolu stop digging into Buttercup's head!Lol!


Just being silly.

NaijaScorpio February 25, 2009 at 5:04 AM  

I love this, Toluwa. You rock, as always.

JS February 25, 2009 at 5:11 AM  

Toluwa,

Well done. Excellent stuff. I quite enjoyed the story.

Now you have set a standard you have to maintain...lolll

Buttercup February 25, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

lol dammy dont mind her o!

Geebee February 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

I love the idea . . . We definitely need to identify our own Naija people and show the world that we've got some strong blogging spirit right here. All the best. I'm off to drop my nominations . . . When do I appear in the Blogville citizens list? lol

Kémi Penélopê February 25, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

You tooooo muuuuuuucchhh jare...!!!

Rebirth February 25, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

wow, go Toluwa! this was so creative..........great Job gurl!

Jay February 25, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

you gots skills..me like

Femi B February 25, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

cool, its hard concocting a story t fit all these wonderful blogville names NOT..lol

Naija Bloggers Awards 2009 February 25, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

Thanks guys...

Buttercup, ha! i beat u to it.

Jide Saliu, now am scared. Gosh this requires constant thinking.

Funms...thnx loads!

FemiB...hehehe...

SOLOMONSYDELLE February 25, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

This was so much fun to read! Na wa oh, you only mentioned what, 2 boys? Where are the men on blogville self? Okay there is chxta, imnakoya, omodudu, loomnie, is naijaleta still around? Tobenna? Oh, and Tintin is gone right?

Anyway, I was cheesing reading this. Nice one! Off to put the banner up.

LG February 25, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

now' do i nid glasses or is true dat i cant find FBA's name on the citizens list????
come' toluwa/sting/geisha/funms HOW una go put wife name and 4get to put husband name??? makawhy???? Abi na my eyesssss :)

BTW wat is temite n rayo's name doing there?? even spicy tee;
una beta remove their names or.......or........ no try me o
Fba come and warn des pple o :)

LG February 25, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

i soooooo luv dis concept'
oya okon give sting n co BIG odeku for my head :)

keep it up babes
cheers

Afronuts February 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Hmm...na only women go just pick the awards. You for call am the 'Naija chick bloggers awards'

bumight February 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

wow! very creative...and damn right the ring belongs to Bumight!!!! back off! LOL!

~Sirius~ February 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

aaaah......Nice!

Loving the creativity.

Enjoyed reading this.....

Naija Bloggers Awards 2009 February 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Afronuts...haba. we wld try not to be biased...we promise.

LG..tanks. as her higness commands! lol!

SSD...em, it was pretty hard coming up with a story with more men, as i was writing from a female point of view....i had no idea how to incorporate more guys.

nosa101 February 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I nominated myself by commenting?

Ms. Catwalq February 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

so i am not a blogville citizen?
ouch

Ms. Catwalq February 25, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

and you need to add Naijablog on your list cos that blog is amazing

Emeka Amakeze February 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

This is simply one more reason why i would never leave this country called Blogsville.

flygirlbidiish February 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

lmao!!! very interestin story u've got!!!

CaramelD February 25, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

That was fun! When I get five free minutes I will nominate, I promise!

MissBalance February 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Me too! So I'm not a blogville citizen ;(

Afrobabe February 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

wow...this must have taken some thinking...lol

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh awards, fun fun fun..lemme get my red carpet dress ready!!!

Jen Juma February 25, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I need to start updating more....I totally disappeared from blogville.

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

...just knew, instincts. For a moment, i almost gave up; thinking it another of 'em babes fronting. Yet still, i just couldn't let go like that, you don't always met her who will hit you spot-on without thots or effort.

So, give me your hand and......

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

fumosh.wordpress.com, refinedone.wordpress.com

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

how are you guys dealing with people with multiple blogs?

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

i think for those with multiple blogs just treat the blogs as different.when you nominate one of their blogs but the blog name in parenthesis alongside the bloggers name...

Edirin February 26, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

you guys are trying here, i don't know up to that much naija blogger oh, how i go take fill the survey na??

FineBoy Agbero February 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

Nice!!! I like, I like!

Now, who's dis 007 tryin to take my place as Blogville Polygamist??? Ehn???

Parakeet February 26, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

Well done gurl. This is so creative. Meanwili I've nominated people o but I dont know if it registered cos at the end it said I shud sign up for a survey which I did in the hope that it will registere my nominations.

Fingers crossed!

Miss Opeke February 26, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

Present Sir...Present Ma...!!!
Very creative...Ten Thumbs up, if I can find all of them...

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

It was brilliant, and reminded me of those ad libs books we used to have when I was younger. I thought it made sense AND was well done, Toluwa!

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

I loved this story and it does make sense. awww Tols Tols, my heart's true darling, you did well.

Vera Ezimora February 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Toluwa, you go girl! Didn't know you had it in ya. Thank God for me ooo. What if I hadn't snapped you out of it. For this, I need 2 be rewarded, no? LOL

Favoured Girl February 26, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

OMG, I just had a look at the list of Blogville citizens and I don't know more than half of them! Hence my voting will be limited to only those bloggers I read often...

koolaries March 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

Wheres my own name now.I'm a naija blogger o!!!
I have always loved writing-a paper and pen is never far from me.My siblings get tired of picking little scraps of paper where i have written something down.They keep on giving me journals as gifts as a hint!!
Anyway blogging has given me an avenue to speak while hiding my identity.I mean i can cuss someone out an dthey wont even know its me.it has made me speak the words in my head and heart,the thots i whisper to myself.

I know i might not be the best updater but i have it all written down someone just needs to be posted.

Please add me.I intend to win the awards the next time around.

http://koolaries.blogspot.com

Later

Adar May 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Really enjoyed this.......

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP