Male Bloggers

Hey guys (i mean that literally),
It seems like males bloggers are a scarce commodity on Blogsville, hence the current fight over Fine Boy Agbero :-) It's indisputable that majority of the blogs on Blogsville are by naija females. However, we don't want this bloggers award to be Naija (chicks) Bloggers Award like Afronuts said, so we would like to do something special for the guys.

The theme of this year's awards is Who You Be? In that vain, we want to know who our male bloggers are. Come and represent yourselves. Nominate yourselves in the comment section. Ladies, if you are nominating guys, let them know they've been nominated so they can come down and represent themselves.

We will then compile a list of the nominees, and have a mini awards within the awards for the Best Male blogger in Blogsville. Now the final two nominees with the highest votes will have to submit an entry telling us why they deserve to be the Best male blogger in Blosville aka Oga patapata of Blogsville. Based on their entries, we will then decide who the award should go to.

Alright guys show yourselves.

Bottom line: Only guys who actually come here and leave a comment will be eligible to compete for the Best Male Blogger Award. So far only 3 guys have actually left a comment on this post. This is because the point of doing something special for them is so we can get to know who they are. So if you nominate a male blogger, please stop by their blog and let them know they have been nominated. However, all the male bloggers mentioned regardless of whether they show up or not will get an honorable mention, in form of a link list dedicated to them.

44 award speak:

Miss Opeke February 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

First cut is the deepest...

Miss Opeke February 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

There are a lot of male bloggers, it is just that a lot of female bloggers read more fellow female blog since they can relate to them...

SOLOMONSYDELLE February 26, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

chxta, imnakoya, omodudu, loomnie, is naijaleta still around? Tobenna? Oh, and Tintin is gone right?

And am I 3rd?

SOLOMONSYDELLE February 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Oh, my bad, I sent in Huey's blog Naijahiphopblog and I sent in Mola OG and Ovie O's blog Notjustok.typepad.com via email. There really should be a music blog category. Well, maybe next time.

SOLOMONSYDELLE February 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

BTW, I will let the guys know about the competition, and per y'alls request I put a link up in Naija bloggers FB group. Will send one to my FB bloggers and put announcement on my Twitter.

You guys are doing an excellent job. Blogville is buzzing again, just the way I like it! Sisi Iyabo Opeke, nice to see you in the first spot, babe!

Rebirth February 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

yes o our male bloggers, where r u, danny bagucci, robyn, dough, invisible, enigma, chari........

Joy Akut February 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

theres carlang, jinta, laspapi, tobenna, blackjamesbond.....
just that they dont go around screaming first on blogs, they're tewww cool for school:) lol more like big boys....
unnaked is MIA and last king of scotland too....

poeticallytinted February 27, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

K-shawn, tythamosmagnificent, Doug, Lost at the other end of the world, robyn (dunno if he's Nigerian), nuggetzman all guyz.

Naija Bloggers Awards 2009 February 27, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

it's still just us gals commenting in here oh, where are all the guys???

babes, please help us beg them to come out and participate ohh!!!

C February 27, 2009 at 3:36 AM  

hi i'm new here
yea also noticed we had very few male bloggers

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

There are lots of quality male bloggers and you know us (see me talking..when did i start..lol)
U know we are gentlemen - u know how it is!! lol.. :-)

Miss Opeke February 27, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

@SOLOMONSYDELLE: Abi o...I had to do sum serious Night vigil to get dat position...U see my life...LOL

Femi B February 27, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

I see Affirmative action in play here (Minority status is good)
Geebee, Simeone, Chiefo, wellsbaba,princekay123, tps360,

bumight February 27, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

my ex-boo Fineboy Agbero wouldhave been my utmost and ONLY nomination, but u guys know what went down *sniff sniff*, so i nominate his fellow competition:
baroque (he promised me a private jet...before badder snatched him!)
naijaleta (if u want my e-heart, u have to be constant dammit!)
carlang
Aloofar
Severus snape
Qube
Rocnaija
Dabizniz

fellow up and coming aritst like meself..Hot doug
rethots
Jidesalu
Danny Bagucci
Jinta
didnt he promise me a Maybach at some point? *thinking*
Geebee
ablackjamesbond
UnNaked Soul


should i go on?

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

I am an ardent fan of Seyy's blog at seye.blogspot.com . He is male

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

lol@ affirmative action.. off the top of my head there's chxta, there's the hot dougie, naughty eyes, chari, dabizniz, dante,

Buttercup February 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

hahaha only 2 dudes commented here!

doug February 28, 2009 at 3:18 AM  

Forgive me I've been swamped. Ok there's me, Danny Bagguci, Naught Eyes, Carlang, Aloofar, Jinta, teebay, GeeBee...but really the women outnumber us 50 to 1.

Invisible February 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Invisible representing the invisibles.

Jaguda February 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

im right here. JAGUDA IN THE BUILDING

Quaggar February 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Quaggar, making an entrance. Where ma dogs at?

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 2:19 AM  

The honorable mention is really cool

tobenna March 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Honourable mention my a**.
I sense a gender bias in here.
What?
C'mon, we up in here!
There has to be a guy nominated in all the categories.
We know we won't win, but what the heck.

O'Dee March 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM  

I knew my bro (Tobenna) will represent.

Welldone yea organizers of this award. you are doing fab.

Naija Bloggers Awards 2009 March 2, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

If there is a gender bias, it's in favor of you guys. We are not doing anything special for females, are we?

There are guys, but they are not representing themselves.

KT March 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

I dey here o, I think!

But where's Loomnie, Akin, Omo Alagbede and others? Please file them in kiakia.

Geebee March 2, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

I really wonder how you expect us to compete. Like Doug said, imagine been outnumbered 50 to 1. I'll profer a solution that will make this competition fair enough. Each vote for a male blogger should count for 5 votes. How's that? lol. Come on guys, we can do this! Doug, Danny Bagucci, wellsbaba, aloofar, rethots, tobenna, carlang, Severus snape, Qube, Rocnaija, Dabizniz, naijaleta, ablackjamesbond, baroque, . . . etc. etc. we still plenty small sha. let's assume it's a soccer game. We'll win, right?

Naija Bloggers Awards 2009 March 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Geebee that's why there's going to be a special category for just the guys. Did u not read the post? There's the best male blogger category. We are going to have a mini award within the awards, just for you guys.

Sisem E. Naidem March 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Ok! I know my main brovs Danny B and Hot Doug nominated me so here's me returning the favour and nominating Naughty Eyes, Naughty Eyes, Naughty Eyes, Danny Baguci, Hot Doug and my homeboy, Esquire!
PS: Hope I ain't late?

ablackjamesbond March 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM  

Quagarr...Woof! Woof!! We r here.

poeticallytinted March 3, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

where are all these guyz? show yourselves na... okay, I will post a pic of me topless if you guyz show up! ('sdat beans?)

SOLOMONSYDELLE March 3, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

@ poeticallytinted: rotfl!!!! Yeah right!

Anonymous,  March 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

@poeticallytinted -- Still waiting o!!!!lol

tankojjetty March 4, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Ok there's me...
18andabove.blogspot.com
...seems a lot of people think i'm a female...

then there's Dipo Tepede
Deolu Akinyemi

tankojjetty March 4, 2009 at 4:40 AM  

There's Niyi Tabiti too....gistmaster

Geebee March 4, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

Ok now. Thanks for clearing the air. . . an awards within an awards strictly for us guys. Sounds good. That's very considerate of you guys. Now we don't have to be too scared of being outnumbered by the female bloggers.

Geebee March 4, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

@tankojetty- I actually thought you were female . . . can u imagine? Thesame way I thought Chari (Buttercup's duo) was female. lol

CaramelD March 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Guys who tickle my fancy are:- Freaksho, Doug, Carlang (is he alive?), Aloofar, Muse, Danny B and of course Chari!!!

PS let me confess I though Chari was a woman too (many moons ago)!

Akinwale March 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Hi. So I just stumbled across this part of the Internet and I happen to have a blog at antinormal.org.

Hope it's not too late to join. It probably is, but what the hey. It doesn't hurt to ry.

TRYBES March 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Hey,this is another new fly(Male) on the block doin my lil thing on my blog..www.lumideefamilusi.com..hope entries are still allowed in?

Babawilly March 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Male Blogger reporting for duty sir!
Not been consistent with my blogging in recents times- Facebook is addictive!
Seriously, been busy writing my novel- Love Letters.

seye March 6, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Ah! Guys dey o! I no be guy?

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP