What has blogsville done for you?

Why do you blog? What made you write that initial post? I have always liked to write and writing is one of my coping skills. So to me blogging is like free therapy. There's even a blog titled Free therapy......... or else by Ms. Sula (one of our honorary naija sisters).

Anyway, we all blog for different reasons and i know blogging has had a positive influence in a lot of bloggers lives. For some bloggers their blogs serve as their sanctuary, the only place where they can talk freely about the issues in their lives.

Rita wrote a very touching post about the influence of blogging in her life and she was nice enough to let us share it with you guys.

If I never said thank you to my Readers and Naija Bloggers, today I am saying thank you. This is not a parting message, fear not. This is a renewed commitment to blogging, by the Grace of God.

I was introduced to blogging by a Naija blogger. From here, my story begins:
In this blogville, I have made great friends
In this blogville, I have been inspired
In this blogville, I have been encouraged
In this blogville, I have been consoled
In this blogville, I have rolled on the floor laughing, even when circumstances around did not call for happiness
In this blogville, I have known talent
In this blogville, I have learnt new words
In this blogville, I have read words of wisdom
In this blogville, I have learned to improve my relationships
In this blogville, I have realized I am not alone in my pain and fears
In this blogville, I have learnt to be optimistic about life
In this blogville, I have had a virtual loving family
In this blogville, I have learnt that the time to show love is now
In this blogville, I have known more about God.


Many of you do not know how positively your posts and comments have impacted my life. Words are not enough to describe it.I do not know what blogville has done for you but it has done so much for me.If you think blogville has done anything for you, now is an opportunity to appreciate those bloggers who have made your day, those bloggers who have inspired you, those bloggers who contributed to your knowledge…the list is endless.



What has blogsville done for you?

25 award speak:

Anonymous,  March 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

First..........

Anonymous,  March 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Blogsville has introduced me to nice people, i learn a lot from thier blogs and writings, and most importantly, the blogs save me from being bored..

VOTE FOR ME OH. BEST NEWBIE BLOG

Jennifer A. March 3, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

I loved this post.

Each day blogging ignites a new fire in my spirit. I've always enjoyed writing, right from when I was little...and since I joined the crew, I think I've bettered my writing skills. It's also been an avenue for me to share the knowledge I have with others, and also to receive knowledge.

Ms Sula March 3, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Awwwww, I was shouted out! I really appreciate it.

Blogging has truly been my therapy. At the time, I started blogging I was going through so many things I needed an outlet. And Blogville has been that.

But along the lines, I have discovered a wealth of things. I have been reassured that my continent was safe because the next generation is here AND able to take it to higher levels. I have met some great minds.

Blogville also provides accountability. Shubby Doo did a whole post on this hindsight not being 20/20 when you have a blog. It makes you sit, reflect and aknowledge your truths and your mistakes.

I love it here, even if I miss a lot of the great minds I have been lucky to read (Dr. Naapali if you're reading this, could you please do an appearance I did nominate you! :D)

In simpler words, Blogville is awesome!

Anonymous,  March 3, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

I loved Rita's post when I caught it on her blog!

I have been blogging in other locales for almost 7 years and I am shocked by what a difference the sense of community that I feel with Nigerian (and adopted Nigerian!) bloggers is. I have never gotten so close and involved in the lives of others so quickly and that to me is the biggest strength of blogville - community!

poeticallytinted March 4, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

Yeah, that post.

Blogville has helped me realise there are people like me out there, in fact sometimes uncannily so. Again, Blogville is packed with talent, intelligence,wit, creativity and surprises. I feel accepted unconditionally. It's also an emotionally charged atmosphere. People look out for you here, pray for you, cry with you, laugh with you and generally wish you well.
I have met a number of astonishing people via blogville and I am grateful to belong to this wonderful community.
(end of speech)

Enkay March 4, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Ha! Blogville awards peeps, biko update that citizen's list na! I still can't find my name there o!

PS - I have voted for the category A group.

Joy Akut March 4, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

like many others, i've had different blogs on different sites, but blogville made me close down the rest.
theres a sense of belonging here, i've met wonderful people whos virtual friendship has turned into a real blessing even as we meet up in reality. its like one big virtual family.

its been a place to hear and be heard, to be comforted and to be scolded, to laugh and cry, to play and be serious, to love and be loved, to crush over and be crushed over:).....

blogville has truly been a blessing, an escape...a plave where u can dare to be urself without been buried in judgements, cos theres always someone who understands and whos gone through the same stuff.
its been all things and much more.

Geebee March 4, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Blogville for me is home . . . It's a place where I can strip naked and roll as if on a seashore. Here, I find laughter, joy, happiness and FULFILMENT! It's like a new drug that sets you on fire in a good way and that's why I am so hooked . . . I think I need a therapist! Blogville is Family to me.

Naijadude March 4, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

I am not even on the list... but anyways I'd make an effort to answer...

I started blogging as a therapy. Its an avenue to get my thoughts in writing so it wont haunt the person that it belongs to! Its a relief to write it all down, its like an alter ego, it does exist, its like a nemesis but if it stays within it might ignite something it shouldnt.. but blogging serves as a way to let it all out and just let go!

I did relax on writing for abit because i felt my best comes out only when i am depressed and i get to make friends via blogger, I cant be as open as I would like...

organizers, oya get me on d list.. !!

doug March 4, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Blogsville has helped me realize I'm not alone in my quirkiness. That there are people in the work I can relate to/can relate to me.

It's given me a place to really let loose.

CaramelD March 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I came across my first nigerian blog when a friend introduced me XSN. I was so sad and depressed, she made me cry tears of laughter and transport me out of my misery.

I started writing as a form of venting and slowly discovered this amazing community of people who get me and don't think I'm nuts and I never want to stop!

Hadassah March 4, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Blogville is therapeutic

Femi B March 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Blogville has found me a HUSBAND...

I joke oh, everyone is sounding so serious I just thought I'd lighten it up. But really i've gotten too much from blogville and learnt a lot. I quote blogs all day

Miss Opeke March 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

BlogVillian make me juz want 2..."Yin Baba Logo...!!!"

...I have to type that I have *read* sum gr8 bloggers that I don't mind meeting in the real world...

I hv sum1 2 laf wit' moi...sum1 who shares in my problem...sum1 who kan cry wit' moi even wey we r blogging @ different part of d planet...Most of all, dey r juz 'Brilliant'!!!

2 all BlogVillians: 10-Q...mo' ororo 2 those smooth elbowz of urs!


...*read* refers to 'met'

bob-ij March 4, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

Blogville has taught me that there is power in numbers, because i other people are experiencing what you are, have or will go through, you are not alone.

Who are we to even dream that we are alone because those around us can't understand.

This is blogville, this is my world. A world where there really is one universal language.... EXPRESSION.


Plus bloggers are just fabulous!!

x!

Jess March 4, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Blogsville has made me laugh and kept me entertained. Made me see how great people are and how complicated ALL our lives can be. It puts you at ease to know that others are going through what you're going through.

O'Dee March 5, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

I will do a post on this.

Tears March 5, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

y'al forgetn the one and only

http://unnakedsoul.blogspot.com

:P

Lati March 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lati March 5, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Blogville enables me to connect with lots of Nigerians back home and in diaspora! I've been able to share my thoughts, worries, dreams with others and I've also laugh, empathise, celebrate life, dreams and thoughts with my fellow bloggers...I met great friends in blogville and also, interesting people. Blogville is like a country, where every bloggers are neighbours just a click away.

Bombchell March 5, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

(shrugs) my circle's different, its helped me connect with other's about fashion, music, makeup, and though some are personal, they tend to be photography based.

Nijawife March 17, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

I was at the lowest period of my life emotionally and almost lost it but God change use all the loving friends i met in blogville to change my views and approach to life and today,am better for it.Refinedone,mumsdadschildren,ababoy,waffy-you all rock my word.

Unknown March 18, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

blogsville makes my colleagues think am nuts becuz am always smiling @ my screen.
Blogsville is a world i escape to.To relax,learn,laff.....There's so much bout blogsville,basically,its where i go to have a good time

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP